Monday, July 19, 2010

Why I'm Supporting Karen Handel for Governor

I usually try to shy away from endorsing candidates publicly. However, this election is critical for the state of Georgia and so I'm throwing caution to the wind.

I've known Karen for some number of years and have always been impressed with her intelligence, her ethics, and her stands on issues. Sure, there are some minor things, very minor, where we somewhat diverge in stances, but in the areas that matter in elected office, and in life, she's someone I have always easily supported.

She's principled, which is something we don't see enough of in political office these days.

She's tough where it matters and can hold her own among the rough and tumble that we call politics.

She knows and understands the issues. More importantly, she knows what to do with that knowledge.

She's fiscally brilliant, something she has proven in her tenure as Chairman of the Fulton County Commission and while serving as Secretary of State. She knows how to slash spending while keeping important services running smoothly.

She knows how to bring opposing sides together and how to compromise in areas that aren't critical to winning a cause.

I've seen the things her opponents have thrown at her and learned more about her strengths as a result of the mud slinging. She appears to be handling some pretty nasty attacks with grace and integrity while responding. I like it that she hasn't backed down, although I'd think some of the things that have happened have to be pretty personally hurtful.

We have some excellent candidates in the Republican race for governor. I won't hesitate for a second to throw my support 100% behind anyone who wins on "our" side. However, when I look at each of the candidates I firmly believe that Karen Handel has the best shot at winning against the Democratic winner. 

I hope you'll look closer at Karen as a candidate and vote for her in the current election. Early voting is underway now. Election day is July 20th.


www.KarenHandel.com for more information.
---
Community News You Can Use
Click to read MORE news:
www.GeorgiaFrontPage.com
Twitter: @gafrontpage
www.ArtsAcrossGeorgia.com
Twitter: @artsacrossga
---
Also check out :
www.Hummingbird-Hollow.com
Twitter: @hhpotterystudio
www.HorizonsLTD.com
www.SoftCoolers.com
www.ClothesLessTraveled.org
---

No comments: