Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Westmoreland Hires New Communications Director, Leslie Shedd, to Serve in His DC Office

Congressman Lynn Westmoreland is pleased to announce Leslie Shedd as his new communications director. Shedd joined the staff in early October and will be based in the D.C. office. As the communications director, she will manage the congressman’s press shop, including media outreach, new media formats, and overall messaging.

“I am happy to have Leslie as the newest member of my staff,” stated Westmoreland. “Since starting in the office last month, she has already proven to be a wonderful asset to me and my staff and has settled in nicely. Leslie’s experience and her ties to the region made her a perfect fit for this job and I am glad to welcome her to the office.”

Prior to her position in Congressman Westmoreland’s office, Shedd served as the communications director for Congressman Frank Lucas (OK-03) and the deputy press secretary for Congressman Brian Bilbray (CA-50). As a graduate of Clemson University in 2001, Shedd received her Bachelor of Arts in both political science and French. In 2007, she graduated from the University of the District of Columbia School of Law and licensed in the state of Maryland.

“I am honored to be working for Congressman Westmoreland,” stated Shedd. “Throughout my tenure on Capitol Hill, I have always wanted to get back to my southern roots and am thrilled to be with the Georgia delegation. I’m looking forward to getting to know the district and working to assist the people of the Third District.”

Shedd hails from Simpsonville, South Carolina. Her parents are Pat and Madelyn Shedd of Simpsonville, South Carolina. Her brother-in-law and sister are Brian and Kelly Geppi of Charlotte, North Carolina.

No comments: