Saturday, April 04, 2009

Summers Received Big Fees from TARP Recipients

President Obama's chief economic adviser, Larry Summers, "received hundreds of thousands of dollars in speaking fees last year from firms that have direct financial interests before the government or are intimately involved in the White House's bank relief programs," according to Huffington Post... More

Note: I find it interesting that the Huffington Post, liberal to the gills, is also going after some of Obama's cabinet picks. Now that does tell you something about the quality of his choices, doesn't it? I wonder if Geithner is regretting taking the job, or is he has that arrogant gene that allows his to look down in disdain at those who're going after him? If I were in his shoes, I would have taken myself out of the running once the hoopla started about the taxes... 'course if he was the kind of person who'd do that, chances are he would have paid his taxes, too.

No comments: